The Park Warden Service Alumni Society
is hosting an afternoon ceremony at the Ya Ha Tinda Ranch in honour of the ranch’s 100th Birthday!
Please join us for this celebration and gathering.
DATE: Wednesday, September 13th, 2017
TIME: 2 pm to 4:30 pm
WHERE: The Ya Ha Tinda Ranch yard
THE CEREMONY WILL INCLUDE:
- a commemoration
- an official plaque unveiling
- the launch of the book The Ya Ha Tinda A Home Place authored by Kathy Calvert
- personal memories of some of the people who lived and worked at the ranch over the past 100 years
- a toast to 100 years of horsemanship
At the conclusion of the ceremony guests will depart to the Bighorn Campground where socializing and swapping stories and reminiscing will take place.
What to bring:
- your own lawn chair
- food, beverages, plates, cutlery etc. for your supper and your breakfast if you are camping.
- If you are musically inclined please bring your guitar, harmonica, or violin and your singing voice.
**The Friends of the Eastern Slopes Association has generously offered to provide a commercial sized barbecue for this part of the day so you don’t need to bring a barbecue.
Camping is available at no charge within the confines of the Bighorn Campground. Please check out the website for the Friends of the Eastern Slopes Association www.foesa.org for the rules & regulations pertaining to the campground. Please be advised there is no potable water. Although there are toilets you may want to bring your own special brand of toilet paper as there is none provided.
Accommodations in the Sundre area:
Mountainview Best Western www.bestwesternalberta.com (403) 638-0002 (Located in town)
Rustlers Guest Lodge B&B www.rustlers-lodge.com (403) 638-4389 (Located in town)
Sunset Guiding & Outfitting (on the Panther R.) www.sunsetholidays.net (403) 637-2361
Panther River Adventures (on the Panther R.) www.pantherriver.com (403) 637-2920
(RV sites and cabins)
Red Deer River Ranches www.reddeerriverranches.com (403) 1-866 (403) 638-4226
Self contained log cabins.